Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Kid's Christmas and Baby gifts

Here are a few pictures of my recent creations. 

The first is the beginning of a Christmas present for the Kid:  wooden alphabet blocks.  I bought the blocks at Hobby Lobby, cut some scrapbook paper down to 1" squares, glued them down, stuck on an alphabet sticker, then mod podged over the top.  That's as far as I've gotten so far. 

Next step will be to slather on another layer of mod podge. Then, sand the edges and corners and spray on a sealant so they will last and the paper won't start curling up.

I also have been scrounging my brain for baby gifts the last few weeks.  A friend from high school had her baby girl the same night the Kid was born, a family friend had her little boy prematurely a couple of weeks before the Kid was born, and a friend of the Man had a little girl just last week.  We're swimming in new babies around here.  So, I made changing pad sets for all of them.  I've seen some in different places but most had a pocket to store the diapers and wipes case.  I'm not a fan of that because it just means one more place to reach in while you're frantically trying to change a screaming child's diaper.  :)  By just sticking them inside the folded changing pad, they are there, ready and waiting.  Here are a couple of pictures of the recent ones. 

This last picture is of a onesie I made for some friends of ours here in town.  The craft blog, Crap I've Made, has a tutorial on these and I thought they were just too cute.  Hope Ava likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment