Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Kid's Baby quilt and bedding

My mother bought all of the bedding for Squirt when she was born.  And, up until this last week, the Kid was using her hand-me-downs....except for the sheets.  You just can't let a little boy sleep on pink sheets. 

Right after he was born, I put the finishing touches on this quilt for him.  It's really heavy, so he probably won't ever be able to use it down here in the humidity.  I love it.  Granted, I messed up the pattern because I wasn't paying attention and doing it in stops and starts, but I love the colors, the different textures of the fabrics, everything.  The brown is a heavy corduroy, the green is a textured home deco weight, and the ivory backing is a heavy home decor fabric with a swirl-type texture. 

Then, there are the dark sheets and the navy bedskirt I made Thursday from a twin sheet.  Seriously...why have I never used sheets for big projects like that before?!  It was so easy and there were no funky seams from mixing/matching small pieces. 

I'll have to do that more often.  Like maybe for a duvet cover and bedskirt for our bed.  I've been wanting actual bedding for our room.  Sure would be an inexpensive solution...a $5 sheet from Walmart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment